Monday, May 9, 2016

Week of Jan 11th

Hey y'all! Hope everyone had a great week!

  This week one of the members unfortunately had to put their horse down. They called us in the middle of our morning studies and asked if we could come help dig a hole to bury their horse. My companion and I, the Elders and this cute little family all went up to help! We dug a 5 ft hole, with 5 shovels..and it took us 3 hours! It was quite an experience but we were all so happy to help! 
  We also met this lady named Elizabeth, she is very sweet and lonely and has a really fat cat! She first told us all of the misconceptions and were kind of bashing on us, but is now super interested and believes the Book of Mormon is true! The funniest thing was when we were leaving she was looking at our name tags and said "y'all must be mormons because i havent ever heard of someone named haynie" sister haynie explained that they were just our last names, she looked at me and said, " oh good! I thought your momma done named you Bucket!" it was literally the best haha 
  I have definitely had some pretty unique experiences this week, and also some very trying times. And that is absolutely just life. Yeah I am in a totally different place, with new faces and living a way that i never have before, but we all face different challenges through out our life. I have felt and seen the power of Christ's love in my life everyday. I know that with him, we can truly overcome and endure through all things. I love this message that I am able to share with all those we meet. It's been such a blessing to see how the Gospel of Jesus Christ blesses families. and how that hope and light truly changes and helps people. Like its really as simple as that. I am here because I know the Book of Mormon is true and it has blessed me. I am here because I know that we have a living prophet on the earth today, and that has blessed me. I am here because I know the priesthood authority is on the earth today, and that has truly blessed me. These are not just things that I say, they are the things that I genuinely KNOW. I am here because this knowledge is too important for everyone to not know. And I am here because I know that my Father in Heaven and my Savoir Jesus Christ love me, and I so desire for all to feel and partake of that love and joy because it has been the greatest blessing in my life.   
I promise that as you turn to God He will help you, and He so desires for each of us to come unto Him. And it's so beautiful that no matter where we are or what we are doing, each day we can. I love you all and am truly so grateful for all your love and support, I could'nt do it with out y'all <3 

PS sorry about all the pictures you guys got, that wasnt supposed to happen haha but now you know what my house looks like! My comp and I also made a New Years resolution to take a picture a day, and I have taken 1 so far.. but luckily the family took some pics while we were digging!
LOVE SISTER BUCKEY


1 comment:

  1. I read about Elizabeth confusing your name a couple hrs ago & still bust out thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete