Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week of May 30th

Happy Memorial Day!!

MIRACLE we were called to go and say a prayer with this recent convert
named Chris because his dog ran away. We weren't sure what to do
because we already had lots to do but felt like we needed to go. So we
went and said a prayer and tried to look around to find this tiny
black pug. We are in our skirts and surrounded by woods and everything
in me just wanted to look for him, I seriously felt so helpless. I
left feeling bummed..although full of faith that Heavenly Father truly
hears our every prayer, I just didn't feel like we did anything to
help. We got a call later that night and Chris found his dog like
literally right after we left. We often don't know or get to see what
blessings or miracles happen. Sure you could say it just was a
coincidence, but I know it wasn't, and most importantly Chris knows
that it wasn't. His faith in prayer increased as well as mine. It was
such a sweet reminder of the love our Heavenly Father has for us. I
know it was exactly what I needed, and it was such a small and simple
thing ya know.

This week I've learned a lot about what it means to be submissive to
the Lords will, rather than doing what we want to do. We may often
roll our eyes at the things we don't understand, perhaps the things we
too also don't want to hear. Believe me, there are times when the Lord
will give me an answer I don't want to receive. I may for a time even
fight the revelation which has so preciously been given to me, but in
the end, not matter how long I fight it and believe that MY OWN
UNDERSTANDING is better, Heavenly Father always shows me otherwise. He
is there for us. His guidance and council is real, and needed. And I
can promise you that truth will always be truth. And good will always
be good. I pray we don't allow the world get in the way of the message
our Father in Heaven is extending to us. I know the gospel of Jesus
Christ, His doctrine, is real. I know He is the perfect formula for
all things in this life, and that Him and His restored church and all
it encompasses can and will cure anything we may face in this life. It
may not come all at once or the way we want it, in fact I can
guarantee that it won't, but I can promise it will always be better.
I understand the claim that there is a prophet on the earth today is a
hard thing for the world to swallow, trust me I've been there. But I
now know, with out a doubt that Thomas s Monson is Christ's true and
living prophet, I love Him, and I thank God for loving us enough, in
fact perfectly, to give unto us this divine gift of having a prophet
on the earth again today. It's beautiful, real, and no matter where
you are in this life, I pray the world doesn't stand in your way of
allowing you to know the greatest truths and blessings Heavenly Father
has to share.

Also my sweet Kaniyah leaves this next Tuesday so we are praying that
she can get baptized this week before she is gone for the summer, she
really helps heaven to feel a whole lot closer.

Here's a pic Kaniyah drew for us


No comments:

Post a Comment