Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week of April 17th

Where does the time even go? This week went by super fast, we were really busy though. We had our MLC and ZTM meetings, we had to get everything figured out for Sister Burt to get on Fort Jackson, and then we have been practicing for a musical number.. yah wut. I'm so nervous. 
I feel like I've just been on one giant roller coaster. We started seriously teaching Letha, she is one of Sister Johnson's (older lady in the ward we have bible study with every Friday night) best friends. And we were teaching her the restoration, then sister Johnson starts bearing her testimony and invited her to be baptized this past Saturday! We were like wait we actually will need more time because we have things we need to teach her and she'll need to be interviewed! So we set a date for this weekend the 22nd because the 23rd is Sis Johnsons birthday! It was so great, she's 84 and is the sweetest. At first we just thought she was just being nice but then she told us that she's thankful for us teaching her things she didn't know before, she prayed and believes she got her answer that the Book of Mormon is true and the Jospeh smith is a prophet. And I asked her why she wanted to be baptized, she said "I had been praying that the Lord would show me everything I need to do to be with Him, there's only 2 of us in my family that aren't in the grave yet and I need to know what I need to do to be right." And it was just so cool that she recognized that God was showing her the truth. Sister Burt and I had been praying a ton for a spiritual confirmation that she is ready to be baptized and we had received it several times. The Spirit was so strong in our lessons, and she was just so excited. She then came to a baptism of the this sweet Nigerian family, the Pogosons, and told us she doesn't want to be baptized anymore. It was so sad, we are kind of heart broken but also trying to not be discouraged. And I've just realized there are so many things that happen that are out of my control. And I'm kind of a control freak, like I enjoy knowing what's going on and being in control haha. So it sucks, but I know we grow the most when we are uncomfortable so I'm grateful to have these experiences. 
I still know the message we share is true and will bring the greatest happiness and peace anyone could feel in this life, because it is our purpose in this life. I know God prepared this plan and Christ is the way to return to live with Him and our families, we just need to following Him and let Him help us. 
Exactly 3 years ago today, I met with the missionaries and they taught me about how Christ had restored His church. And I remember everything they said just making sense because I had always been so confused as to why there were so many different churches. And I remember how I felt when they told me about Joseph Smith and his experience seeing God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. It felt too good to be true, but also I couldn't deny that it is true. I felt the Spirit so strongly that day and continue to as I share this message with others. I genuinely don't know where the time has gone. And I am absolutely nowhere near what I ever expected to be doing at this point in my life, like how did I even get to South Carolina idk. But I know that this is exactly what God wants me to be doing, and I wouldn't trade a single experience for the world. 
This Gospel, this knowledge and My Savior Jesus Christ has brought me absolute joy and I couldn't say it enough. Life is still way hard and I don't always love EVERYTHING we do, but it's all worth it, and I'm thankful to have the help of my Savior.

Displaying image1.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG
Displaying image3.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment