Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week of May 15th

This week was swell. It's been pretty interesting because we have been going on exchanges with the sisters in another zone, so we've been way busy. 
And it's great because I've been out for like 17 months and I feel like I still don't know what I'm doing, like everyday the Lord just teaches me and blesses us with these way cool opportunities to bring people the gospel. 
So miracle, this kid Sis V and I met when we first got here finally came to Book of Mormon class on Wednesday and it was the coolest ever. Then our recent convert Colie had dinner with us a some members and he just asked if he could say a prayer really quick and then prayed for every person that has never read the Book of Mormon that they'd be able to have it and find it quick. It was the sweetest. 
Also we started teaching this kid named Gavin. He's 18 and just ordered the Book of Mormon. We taught his the restoration of how Christ has brought His church back and as we shared the first vision of when he saw God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ, Gavin told us he's known his whole life that God and Jesus are 2 separate people but he's parents believe they're one. It was so cool to see him literally find the truth he's been searching for. We love Gavin and he's literally golden. And I just love everything about being a missionary but also just about having the gospel. And for the little trials we go through and just the opportunity we have to learn and also feel so much joy. I'm so thankful for my family, people I've met on my mission and literally just ALL God has done for me and how I feel his love. 
Oh and we've been a little slow at Ft Jackson but yesterday and ton of new soldiers came in and it was really cool. I know I say it every week but I literally love Fort Jackson and I'm so happy I get to end my mission there. Idk how I got so lucky to serve here for half of my mission but I love it. 
Also our cute ward gave all the women these little books for Mother's Day..
"The doctrines of the restored gospel create a wonderful and unique feminine identity that encourages women to develop their abilities as true and literal daughters of God."
K what this is just so cute and my testimony of this has been so strengthened lately. I'm thankful to know who I am and to know who I belong to. 

Happy Mother's Day from the fort

Displaying image1.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG
Displaying image3.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment