Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week of December 19th

ps thank you for all the birthday wishes :) I can't believe its been
like a whole year! and I feel like I just get worse and worse about
what to email haha
basically this week was great as always, you'd be blind as a
missionary to say other wise
Tuesday we had our Christmas conference and it was so good! We had
wonderful members who fed all the missionaries and then we got to
watch Christmas in Conway ha my mission president said that it's a
chick flick but that we were watching it because it takes place in SC
and teaches about love and repentance. But yah then we got to go and
teach Art. Art is the coolest human I know, we love him so much. He is
really struggling right now and we believe he has depression but we've
been able to meet with him a couple of times and as he's read the Book
of Mormon and started praying it's literally changed his life and he
like glows now.Like his situation hasn't changed but he learning to
have strength in it all.
And we are still teaching Lichong and YAng and I love them! They came
to our Christmas Party and we were a little worried because there are
a few young families with lots of kids or fairly old people in our
ward, and we talked to them about going YSA. BUT they love our ward
and its easier because they talk slower than the young people so they
want to stay! Which is exciting because we will be able to baptize
them
Then on thrusday we got to go to Fort Jackson graduation, so cool. We
LOVE being Fort Jackson missionaries. I think I talked about this
already but we are either not going to Fort Jackson anymore or we have
to leave the Hopkins ward and go to Columbia so either way we are
super sad and happy, like there's no perfect solution. BUT we are
learning to just trust God and whatever happens happens. I'm just not
ready to leave everyone aldreay, I JUST DID THIS.
I've learned that Heavenly Father asks us to do hard things. And
sometimes we can see the bigger picture earlier than other times. But
we need to trust. And we need to find the good. And the best thing is
that it's okay that we are asked to do hard things, because so was
Christ. Like I know the concept of Him really feeling everything we
have is so very hard to imagine, but it's in these moments that I feel
and understand that Christ Himself understands, and then comes the
immediate peace and comfort. He is our Prince of Peace.
Hope y'all have a very Merry Christmas, love youuuu.

Fort Jackson

Displaying image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment