Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week of June 12th

What on earth this week was just so great, like idk why God is just so good. We'll actually it's because He's our Father in Heaven and just loves us so much. I gave a talk in church yesterday about Alma the younger conversion story and the role his dad played in helping him to know Christ. It was through his example and word, that in the time of need he was able to begin to know God and the blessing of His Son. My talk helped me to reflect a ton on the role my dad has played in helping me to know God. I'm not really sure why I was so blessed to have the family that I do, but I'm thankful God knows how much I need them. I was just so grateful for the opportunity to bear my testimony over the pulpet here in SC for the last time. To say this all doesn't feel real is any understatement. But I'm just taking it day by day :)
So we had 5 of our investigators comes to church yesterday it was just so neat to see all their faces out in the congregation. Gavin is so excited for his baptism this weekend and is killing me with his conversion everyday. He really is such a gem and I'm thankful to help bring him the restored gospel. We also have the cute little mom we've been working with and getting her to come back to church. She finally got her daughters back last week and they all want to be baptized :) I'm not even upset I won't be here for it (okay maybe a little) but I'm just so excited for them. I've just learned so much about how this is all so not about me. Like God blesses us a ton and the knowledge and spiritual experiences and relationships I've made I get to take with me, but I just love to see how much people have grown and the influence Christ and his church has had on these people's lives. I'm so so thankful to have come here, like words cannot even describe it you guys. 
Well Tuesday was my last missionary leadership meeting, as well as President and Sister Turners. We got to Skype the new mission president, it was really emotional. He mentioned that he is going to miss seeing me and sister Maxfield(she came out with me) but that he was grateful for our service. And it just hit me like a ton of bricks. Ah I just love this place and the people. 
But also I can't wait to see you all, like I've never been so torn in my life. I didn't even know my heart could grow as it has. Like I keep telling Heavenly Father there is just no room left, but he continues to show me otherwise. 
I know God is real and is with us each day. It's crazy to think that He really does have this perfect little plan for each of us, centered on His Son. And I promise we are so much happier when we strive to know his plan for us and follow it. Embrace it. And trust in Him. 
Happy Father's Day ðŸ’™

Pvt Lankow is so cool, he got his answer that it was true when he heard the opening hymn after I talked with him about Joseph Smith. He'd been investigating the church a little while back home and for several weeks here too. But when "teach me to walk in the light" was sung he just knew it was true and loved reading the Book of Mormon. All I know is God answers our prayers, not in our timing or way we think but he does answer them, and oh what joy comes when we recognize it.

Displaying image1.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG
Displaying image3.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment