Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week of April 3rd

This week we did SBP again and did insulation, it was great! We can
literally build a home now. We met this sweet lady named Karen who
lost her 24 yr old daughter to cancer and wants to be baptized so she
can be with her forever. We love her and just want to help her so
much. It's been crazy since this is Sis V's last week, so sad.
Everyone has had us over for dinner so we've eaten a lot haha, we had
a sweet family take us to get sushi and I tried real mochi for the
first time, it was heaven. We are actually spoiled rotten and just so
blessed. I love Columbia so much :)
General conference was so great as well, I LEARNED SO MUCH. like
seriously I just love Jesus Christ and his church so much. I learned
lots about the importance of personal revelation. It was like the
perfect balance of Gods love for me, peace and comfort..combined with
love inspired correction.
And I've learned about being chastened, difference between God and
Satan. Satan points out our sins and leads us to believe there is no
hope. God shows us our weakness and the way to overcome it,
We just keep learning and trying. To apply what we learn and then we
think we are done growing, but the Lord continues to show me. Im
thankful for personal revelation from God that helps me to be better
and happier.
Also my recent convert Stephen from Hopkins came to conference and
brought food and you can just tell he's doing well. It was so sweet
because he just came saying amen during the talks and I LOVED it
because it's cool to see that all thought he was baptist his whole
life, he found the fullness of the gospel. And he didn't have to
change a ton. Like following Christ doesn't mean we stop being
ourselves but just the best versions of ourselves. THE CHURCH OF JESUS
CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS IS FOR EVERYONE BECAUSE IT IS CHRIST'S
CHURCH. AND HAS EVERYTHING WE NEED TO RETURN TO LIVE WITH GOD AND OUR
FAMILIES FOREVER, BUT ALSO TO RECEIVE PEACE AND THE GREATEST HAPPINESS
WE CAN FIND IN THIS LIFE NOW.
So it's just great.

xo sis buckey


Fort Jackson crew

Displaying image1.JPG
Displaying image2.JPG
Displaying image3.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment